Friday, February 24, 2012

Welcome!


Hi there! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the web. Hopefully you like what you see and will come back to have another look. I've never been one to actually blog my work but feel that now’s the time.  After having an amazing weekend at Mega-Con Orlando where I received some great portfolio reviews from such pros as Phil Hester and Rob Hunter. It's about time I put my work out there and try to get as much exposure as I can. The majority of work I'll post is inking but you'll see some sketches and possibly some sequential pencils pop up (if I have the time).


The first piece I'm posting is from a short story that was published Orang Utan Comics flagship anthology series, FTL issue 2. The story titled "One Last Ballad" was written by Itai Rosenbaum and penciled by the very talented Gary Heany. Nick Dismas provided grey tones, Richard Nelson lettered and I of coursed inked the book. 



Now this was published in 2007 or 2008 (I honestly don't remember), so it's been a few years. Not only was it my first published work but also I was playing around with a grittier feel for the inks. Gary's pencils are just full of energy and very sleek. Since it is a horror story, Gary gave me the freedom to play around and do with it what I would. I'm just glad Itai and Gary was pleased with the final product.






No comments:

Post a Comment