Thursday, March 1, 2012

Gleason Inks



Here is another piece courtesy of my sumi ink well. This was another one for my portfolio and done using various size brushes. The pencils were done by Pat Gleason and again found online somewhere. I did all the conversion to blue tone in Photoshop and printed on 11x17, non-glossy card stock paper. I'll make a note of which brand it is but I purchase the paper at Kinkos. It's actually inexpensive; I believe I get 100 pages for like 25.00 USD. The paper holds ink really well and is extremely cost effective. 

Now, I'm still trying to figure out my tabloid scanner and so the quality of lines might be a bit degraded as I play with resolution and other scanner related settings.

I'm a huge fan of Pat Gleason and would LOVE to work with him. I like to think my inks fit his style fairly well; I just wish I could find some sequential pages of his and take a shot at inking them.



No comments:

Post a Comment